Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolve


All in all, I have to say that 2008 was a pretty good year for me. In spite of the economic pitfalls and other tumultuous events that have transpired over the past 12 months, this has got to be one of my best years so far (right under 2002, which was really good for some reason). Anyhoo. This year, I witnessed the election of the first Black president, I graduated from a top university, and I've been able to experience the joys of financial independence. God has truly been good.

As the new year approaches, I find it customary to list a few of my "resolutions." They're all pretty simple for the most part: continue to not smoke, continue to not drink, continue to not club, continue to not swear, continue to not have sex. Ultimately, I would like to see the person that I am now evolve into someone much greater. I resolve to be better about my finances, my goals, and my ways of thinking. I resolve to challenge those things that I consider unjust and progressively detrimental. I resolve to not settle. I resolve to treat everyone in the way that I would like to be treated. I resolve to be my best self.

It is my prayer that everyone who comes across this blog will experience a safe and tremendously blessed holiday season.

God bless, PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment