Tuesday, December 16, 2008

About This Whole 'Life' Thing...




"See I know my destination, but I'm just not there."


Does this happen to every college graduate? Y'know, this whole inability to perceive which direction your life will take? I'm beginning to believe that what I initially assumed to be control was nothing more than a cruel facade. Since being out of school, I have had about 7 or so months to think. A lot. Anyone who knows me knows that allowing me that much time to contemplate anything is a disaster in the making. Why? Because at some point my thought process shifts from consideration to obsession. I make the best decisions when I'm under pressure (which is why I am not surprised that I am just now beginning my grad school application process with less than 2 months to the deadline). Now what makes matters worse is that I am a lazy daydreamer. I will dream up all of these fantastic life courses, focusing on every minute detail until it excites me to the point that I actually try to do something about it. But in the early stages of motivation, I quickly lose interest with the idea and abandon it. I liken it to a kid coming down from a high of Sprite and Skittles. For this reason, I have decided to create an addendum to my Bucket List.





Stop procrastinating. If I ever want to be anything, I have to get off my butt and do something. There's no way around it. Trust me, I've tried. We'll see how far it takes me.

Sorry, but this post was really pointless. Just felt like a little light venting.

Until later... PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment