Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolution Addendum


"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is youer than you."--Dr. Seuss

I'd like to add one more thing to my list of resolutions.

KEEP IT REAL WITH MYSELF.

Being out of school has been a trip. I have never struggled more with my sense of "intellectual identity" in my entire life. I love to question stuff. That will probably never change. I have several people that I look up to that I would love to fashion my life after, and they are all extremely brilliant to varying degrees. However, I am henceforth deciding to seek out God in hopes that he'll reveal what I'm supposed be doing with my life. I thank God for those brilliant people who allow me to work out my mental muscle, but I think it's best if I independently forge my way and have the future conform to it (props to Nietzsche).

Yep, that's just how I'm feeling.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment