Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Singles Awareness Day


So Saturday is Valentine's Day, or as I like to call it, Singles Awareness Day. On February 14 of each year, singles around the country are reminded of just how lonely they truly are. I've never been one to bemoan being single because, in all honesty, I think I like it better than being in a relationship (blame it on my being a commitment phobe). Despite the propositions that I have received to become someone's Valentine, I've decided to sit this one out. Literally. This year I think that I will find greater solace in curling up on my couch with a great movie as opposed to going out on a date for the sake of being on a date. Of course, I love the idea of being in love; I can't wait until I get to experience it for real. But until then, I choose not to engage in the frills, bells and dings of pretense that heavily saturates a day that was initially established to honor a martyr. Anyhoo. I'm not going to ruin it for those that are in love. By all means, celebrate with your complement. When God blesses me with the opportunity, I am sure that I will do the same.

Now I feel all tingly inside... PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment